Gloria Dei was born from a spark of inspiration.
Nurtured by the dedication of countless supporters and staffers, the organization which began over 30 years ago with a single facility has grown into a network of 8 communities designed to serve the wide-ranging needs of older adults.
We set out on a mission to provide affordable housing for seniors as part of our vision. It began in 1974 when The Towers was built and dedicated. Following the success of the Towers, more communities were to come. Read below to review the entire timeline of the Gloria Dei communities. It’s a continued history of success and dedication to our residents.
- 1974 – The Towers, an independent living
- 1978 – The Manor, an independent living facility also in Huntingdon Valley, built and dedicated
- 1982 – The Plaza, an independent living facility in Bucks County, built and dedicated
- 1991 – The Farms, a complex in Hatboro, PA that houses an independent living facility, built and dedicated
- 1991 – Personal Care at the Park, a personal care unit, built and dedicated
- 1995 – The Manor Court Cottages (part of The Manor in Huntingdon Valley) built and dedicated
- 1999 – The Estates, an independent living facility in Philadelphia, built and dedicated
- 2010 – Memory Care at the Park, in Hatboro (a community dedicated to caring for those with dementia), built and dedicated
- 2015 – Memory Care at the Park expands and doubles in size.