1. A place, such as a cupboard, for storing odds and ends.
2. The opening of a furnace used in glassblowing.
3. A vertical mine shaft or pit used for mining ore.
4. Vulgar Slang A hole in a wall, especially in a bathroom stall or a booth, used for engaging in anonymous sexual activity.
untidy storage place, lazaret
of unknown meaning
(perhaps akin to Scots
but later influenced by
honor, halo, perhaps in reference to the glow of a glassblowing furnace
1. (Nautical Terms) informal a room, cupboard, or other storage space that contains an untidy and miscellaneous collection of objects
another term for
|Noun||1.||glory hole – a small locker at the stern of a boat or between decks of a ship|
Rumpel- or Kramecke f