by Emily Mann
directed by Risa Brainin
September 28–October 20, 2019
2019 and the recent past. This new work by Tony Award-winning playwright Emily Mann celebrates the life of one of the most important figures of America’s feminist movement! Nearly half a century later, Ms. Steinem’s fight for gender equality is still a battle yet to be won. Her work continues in this powerful theatrical event with an all-female cast led by Charity Jones as Gloria Steinem and directed by Risa Brainin.
Gloria Steinem is a visionary, an icon, a hero to millions of women and me. – Oprah Winfrey
Featuring Charity Jones as Gloria Steinem.
NOTE: Parental discretion is advised due to adult language and mature content.
The reviews are in!
- More than just theater, it’s a celebration of a movement that changed the world (and has a long way to go!) (Jill Schafer, cherryandspoon.com, 9/29/19)
- Feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men. (May Aalgaard, playoffthepage.com, 10/1/19)
- Charity Jones gives a great performanance, projects the feminist icon’s articulate strength…weakness (Arthur Dorman, talkinbroadway.com)
Learn more about the show
- Watch Gloria: A Life Part Two
- Listen to Interview with Charity Jones (FM 107, 10/2/19)
- “So inspiring, so great!” (Lori & Julia, FM107, 10/7/19)
- “There are many different kinds of courage”(Hear Gloria Steinem speaking at St. Joan of Arc, 1978. Courtesy: St. Joan of Arc)