“Turn-based strategy wargame experience that brings the best features of its previous tabletop and PC gaming outings together in a deep and enjoyable tactical experience”
8.5 – Game Watcher
“Like its forerunners, FoGII produces gripping battle after gripping battle. Even the three tutorial skirmishes are absorbing”
Rock Paper Shotgun“The games I played nearly always saw a slugfest until one side broke en masse and the slaughter began. This is what the tabletop game tended to portray and I am told, how it was for most of the ancient military era. When this sort of realism is fused with all of the above, this makes FOG2 a must buy”
Be the ultimate Ruler of the known Ancient World with the Masters Edition of Field of Glory!
This Bundle allows you to integrate Field of Glory: Empires grand strategy layer with the tactical depth of Field of Glory II.
The Wolves have arrived! New DLC is out!
This expansion extends Field of Glory II forward to 1040 AD, exploring the rich military history of the so-called “Dark Ages”, from the whirlwind Arab Conquest to the depredations of the Vikings and Magyars, the birth of England, France, Germany and Spain, and the long struggle of the Byzantine Empire to keep Roman civilisation alive in the east.
About This Game
Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLQrYLOdjwRhRGu4XIKMZYGIMmtzdmrqlL&v=veTBw3GCZ4wThe game that brought the fun and excitement of the tabletop experience to digital form is back. Developed by legendary designer Richard Bodley Scott in a completely new 3D engine, Field of Glory is ready to set new standards in computer wargaming.
Field of Glory II allows you to fight large or small battles for or against Rome, or between the other nations who are as yet unaware of the Roman threat, or what-if battles between nations that never actual came into conflict historically, but might have done if the course of history had been different.
Take command of a huge variety of armies employing vastly different tactical doctrines. Lead your chosen army and its named generals to victory in set-piece historical battles or “what-if” custom battle situations against an AI or human opponent.
Victory will require determination and tactical mastery!FEATURES
- Accurate simulation of Ancient battle in the last three centuries of the pre-Christian era.
- 86 historically accurate units, built from fully animated 3D troop models, each with many variants. These allow Field of Glory II to represent the full range of troop-types and tactical doctrines that make this era one of the most interesting to wargamers and military historians. To name just a few, there are Roman
- 12 Historical scenarios covering key engagements of the period on an epic scale. These include Bagradas 255 BC, Trebia 218 BC, Cannae 216 BC, Ilipa 206 BC, Zama 202 BC, Magnesia 190 BC, Pydna 168 BC, Chaironeia 86 BC, Tigranocerta 69 BC, Bibracte 58 BC, Carrhae 53 BC and Thapsus 46 BC. The player can play as either side.
- Custom Battle system allows unlimited “what-if” scenarios using historically realistic armies from carefully researched army lists, on realistic computer generated terrain maps. Armies covered include Romans, Carthaginians, Hellenistic Kingdoms (Macedon, Seleucids, Ptolemaic Egypt etc.), Gauls, Ancient Britons, Galatians, Spanish, Numidians, Spartacus’s Slave Revolt, Thracians, Skythians, Sarmatians, Parthians, Indians and lots more.
- Campaign mode allows you to rewrite history as you play through the battlefield careers of some of ancient history’s greatest generals, or war with any ancient nation against any other. Each victory increases the experience and elan of your core units. Quick to resolve strategic decisions allow you to go straight from one battle to the next without any delay.
- Random map generator produces an infinite variety of historically realistic battlefield maps for custom battles and campaigns. Scenarios include open battle, pursuit, awaiting reinforcements, enemy awaiting reinforcements, flank march, rearguard action, advance guard, remove the head, and protect the baggage.
- Classic turn-based, tile based gameplay.
- Easy to use interface, hard to master gameplay.
- Cohort-sized units. Battles can range from a few units to as many as 80 units per side.
- Named generals who can influence combat and morale of units under their command.
- Single player and multiplayer battle modes.
- Effective AI makes sound tactical decisions.
- 6 difficulty levels allow the challenge to increase as you develop your battlefield skills.
- Numerous different unit organisations, combat capabilities and tactical doctrines allow full representation of tactical differences and developments through the period.
- Mod friendly game system with built-in map editor.
- Multiplayer mode allows historical scenarios and “what-if” scenarios to be played by two players using Slitherine’s easy to use PBEM server.
©2017 Slitherine Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Field of Glory II, Slitherine Ltd. and their Logos are all trademarks of Slitherine Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Developed by Byzantine Games.